1. Weekly gift bearers for Chapel Mass on Home page - please note that if we have a NO SCHOOL day, or a student is absent, I often rearrange the schedule to make sure that all students get his/her turn as gift bearers
Please visit www.sadlierreligion.com, which is a terrific website to use for reviewing for tests and for fun!
1. Spelling test on Friday, 4/25/14
Spelling List: shoe, beautiful, school, chew, use, food, you, group, who, whose, truth, true
Bonus: fruit, jewel, soup, blue, igloo, June
2. WW.p.73-74;BLM#35 - due Tuesday; Bkpk. p.117-118, due Friday
3. WW.p.75; BLM#36 - due Wednesday
4. WW.p.76; BLM#38 - due Thursday
Please note: If your second grader's homework is completed in good order and checked by yours truly, I will keep it and there won't be homework over the weekend. If incomplete and/or needs revisions, I will send home. :)
SCHOLASTIC BOOK CLUB CLASS CODE:
1. Think of a topic for a FICTION story entirely based on your imagination. We will start brainstorming ideas within the next week and start the stories next week.
2. Persuasive paragraphs on our favorite snacks will be worked on in class this week. We will be writing the first drafts in our notebooks, and then type them on the computer for publishing.
1. Weather forecast 4/21 - Alex F
2. Weather forecast 4/22 - Alex C
3. Weather forecast 4/23 - Stephanie
4. Weather forecast 4/24 - Marisa
5. Weather forecast 4/25 - Peter
6. Scholastic News: River of Trash- due Wednesday, 4/23/14
1. Wb.p. 10-11 - due Friday, 4/25/14
1. PrWb. p. 130 - due Tuesday, 4/22/14
2. PrWb. p. 131 - due Wednesday, 4/23/14
3. PrWb. p. 132 - due Thursday, 4/24/14
4. PrWb. p. 133 - due Friday, 4/25/14
subtraction quizzes will continue - study facts daily!!! We are starting at the 6 minute mark
1.Please check assignment notebooks and stoplight sheets daily. Only sign the sheets and assignment notebook if your child has completed them for the day. Thank you for your help with this! ;)
2.Please have your child bring in a healthy snack, daily.
3. http://www.smdp-parentcenter.com should be checked on a weekly basis for correspondence from the school office and for other special school-wide event.
4. ALL STUDENTS MUST BE IN UNIFORM, DAILY!
SCHOOL SHOES are a MUST!!!
5. Please make sure that your second grader is writing his/her correct heading on ALL homework, tests, etc. After the first semester, I will be taking a point off for incorrect heading.
Proper heading should look like this, please:
Elizabeth Piper 12 9-17-13
(Student's number should be circled, please.)