1. Weekly gift bearers for Chapel Mass on Home page - please note that if we have a NO SCHOOL day, or a student is absent, I often rearrange the schedule to make sure that all students get his/her turn as gift bearers
Please visit www.sadlierreligion.com, which is a terrific website to use for reviewing for tests and for fun!
1. Spelling test on Friday, 3/7/14
Spelling List: afternoon, backpack, homework, playground, sunlight, summertime, grasshopper, birthday, popcorn, pancake, toothbrush, weekend
Bonus: somebody, anyone, everywhere, nothing
2. WW.p. ; BCBLM#; BTJ p.1-2 - due Tuesday; Bkpk. p.97-98, due Frida
3. WW.p. ;BCBLM#; BTJ p.3-4 - due Wednesday
4. WW.p. ; BCBLM#; BTJ p.5-6 - due Thursday
5. WW p. ; BCBLM#; BTJ p.7-11, due Friday
6. Test on the story: "Love and Roast Chicken" on Friday, 3/7/14
Please note: If your second grader's homework is completed in good order and checked by yours truly, I will keep it and there won't be homework over the weekend. If incomplete and/or needs revisions, I will send home. :)
SCHOLASTIC BOOK CLUB CLASS CODE:
1. Please start thinking about an event that has happened recently to start brainstorming ideas for a personal narrative. Personal narratives will be written primarily in class and edited in class.
You must show me your 'sloppy copy' for editing, then re-copy after editing is completed. Revising can be done in class and at home.
1. PrWb. p.82-83, due Tuesday, 3/4/14
2. PrWb. p.84 - due Thursday, 3/6/14
3. Pr.Wb. p.86 - due Thursday, 3/6/14
4. Pr.Wb.p.87 - due Friday, 3/7/14
**addition and subtraction quizzes will continue - study facts daily!!!
1.Please check assignment notebooks and stoplight sheets daily. Only sign the sheets and assignment notebook if your child has completed them for the day. Thank you for your help with this! ;)
2.Please have your child bring in a healthy snack, daily.
3. http://www.smdp-parentcenter.com should be checked on a weekly basis for correspondence from the school office and for other special school-wide event.
4. ALL STUDENTS MUST BE IN UNIFORM, DAILY!
SCHOOL SHOES are a MUST!!!
5. Please make sure that your second grader is writing his/her correct heading on ALL homework, tests, etc. After the first semester, I will be taking a point off for incorrect heading.
Proper heading should look like this, please:
Elizabeth Piper 12 9-17-13
(Student's number should be circled, please.)