Week: March 30- April 3, 2015
1. Discuss Chapters 7-8 with your second grader. Please bring book back to school daily. Please note: I will be collecting all First Communion preparation books by Friday, April 10th. The interim DRE, Ms. Yank, and I would like to look through them and see how much of the books have been completed. They definitely will be returned to each student soon.
2.Chomplete page 5 of First Communion journals, if not finished in class.
1. Spelling test will be on Thursday, 4/2/15, so study spelling list daily! Memory words and the pattern words that are circled on the review sheet. Review and fluency sheet should be reviewed daily.
Backpack pp.112, 114 due Thursday,, in BLM packet on the last pages.
SPELLING LIST: open, ocean, close, clothes, so, sew, hole, nose, knows, both, whole, own
BONUS:joke, vote, goal
2. WW pp.67,68,69;BCBLM#30-31;BTJp.1-4 (can work ahead)
3. WW p. 70;BCBLM#32;BTJp.5-6,7-8
4. WW p. 71-72;BCBLM#BCBLM#33-34;BTJp.9-11
5. TEST on Jenny Archer on Thursday - the packet and BTJ are due Thursday.
Please keep packet in homework folder all week. If your second grader finishes the packet by Friday, I will collect it.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK CLUB CLASS CODE:
1. Think of a favorite snack to write a persuasive paragraph on. We will be brainstorming ideas and write how the snack tastes, feels, smells, looks like, etc.
1. PW p.102
2. PW p.103
1.Please check assignment notebooks and stoplight sheets daily. Only sign the sheets and assignment notebook if your child has completed them for the day. Thank you for your help with this! ;)
2.Please have your child bring in a healthy snack, daily.
3.Please make sure your child dresses for the weather! Hats, gloves/mittens, scarves, and boots(during snowy days) are encouraged everyday. We will go outside for recess only when the weather allows.
4. No School Good Friday, April 3 and Easter Monday, April 6. School resumes Tuesday, April 7.
Daddy-Daughter Dance will be held onb Saturday, Aprill 11, from 7-9 pm in the PLC.
5. Please make sure that your second grader is writing his/her correct heading on ALL homework, tests, etc. After the first trimester, I will be taking a point off for incorrect heading.
Proper heading should look like this, please:
Elizabeth Piper 12 9/1/14
(Student's number should be circled, please.)